Friday, June 29, 2012

wow, 99 days to go!

I can't believe today marks 99 days till our little one arrives. When I realized that we were no longer in triple digits, I had to count, and count again to make sure I wasn't mistaken.  A lot has gone on this past month that made it go by so fast, that is why I feel like I lost track of the time. First off, I have been diagonsed with Gestational Diabetes. I knew this was coming, but to be diagonsised at 23 weeks, is almost 5 weeks earlier than most women.  I was very upset to find this news out, and I am so sad to think that my health could hurt the baby.  I have been signed up to go to the clinic every Monday, and I must check in with all the health professionals so they can monitor my health.  I have been sticking to my diet and haven't strayed yet. In fact, they are concerned that I am restricting myself too much.  I was told that I would need insulin in the morning if I don't get my numbers down. So far this week I have walked every morning for 15-25 minutes.  I just hope it can buy me some more time without insulin. 
Secondly, we ordered the furniture for the baby's room, and it is in.  The dresser came in last week and was delivered as expected.  In addition, Nana and Pa bought the baby his changing table and crib last week, too. That should be ready for pick up anytime today. I can't believe we are on our way to making this home ready for our adorable little boy we so longly can't wait to meet.
Finally, I have been busy with school ending, having a mini vacation, and then having summer school start.  I am so thankful that like always, summer goes by too fast and that means a little baby will be here shortly after.
My main goal is to make it to 37 weeks, so if he has to come early, I hope he listens to his momma and waits till the doctors think he is fully cook.
Well that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment